The spirit of Volunteering is alive at Krislund
The ministry of Krislund would not be possible without the contributions of time and talents by our many volunteers. These folks support our summer programs and our year-round efforts by providing invaluable skills and seemingly endless energy.
But volunteers need guidance, encouragement and appreciation and these are provided by our staff and members of the Joint Camp & Conference Committee (who are volunteers themselves!)
Coordinating our volunteer program are Tammy Colwell and Rev. Barry Vance. Tammy has been a volunteer at Krislund for many years and in 2010 she joined our office staff where she serves as our Retreat Coordinator. She has a special place in her heart for the many volunteers who contribute to Krislund. Barry has been volunteering at Krislund weekly since 2006. He coordinates the activities of the year-round volunteers and loves to bring newvolunteers into the fellowship of the volunteer corps.
medical volunteers needed!
If you are a current or retired RN, LPN, Doctor, PA or EMT, Krislund invites you to serve as a medical volunteer at summer camp for a week or several days.
Two medical volunteers are needed each week to manage camper medications and assist with medical issues. Volunteers stay in the Nurse’s apartment or adjacent cabin, both with their own bathroom and air conditioning/heat. Camp runs from Sunday afternoon to Friday late afternoon from June 11- August 11.
To inquire about openings or to apply, please click on the volunteer application tab below or contact the camp office at 814-422-8878 or by email at email@example.com.
Please consider serving and enjoying the fellowship of being at camp while sharing in our ministry. Thank you!
Come for a week or a portion of the week. Volunteers help in a multitude of ways and enjoy the fellowship of other volunteers. They stay in our new Adult cabins, each equipped with its own bathroom and air conditioning/heating unit. Spending a week at camp offers a great opportunity to enjoy the rich energy of youth and the natural beauty at Krislund. If you are interested in being a Summer Volunteer, you can help in one, or more, of the following ways:
- Chaplains – Two Pastors and/or Christian Educators come each week in the summer to fill roles as our “Camper Chaplain” and “Staff Chaplain”
- The Camper Chaplain shares in camper discussions and leads worship
- The Staff Chaplain provides support, Bible study and help to the summer staff.
- Medical Personnel (Doctors, Nurses, PAs and EMTs) -- Two are needed each week to perform camper health screens, manage camper medications and be available for medical situations that might occur.
- Dietary Support – Several volunteers each week help with important tasks in the kitchen including preparing food, serving meals, packing lunches when needed and cleaning up.
- Van Drivers and Vans with a hitch- This will be the second year Krislund is offering Day Camp. We are looking for people to drive and lend their vans/church vans to us.
- Maintenance Services – These volunteers come each week to help with duties such as camp maintenance, making repairs, mowing grass, tending our gardens and landscaping and assisting with general construction projects.
- Registration – Two or three volunteers are needed each Sunday afternoon to help expedite the camper registration process.
Year-round Volunteers are welcome anytime to assist with a wide variety of important duties and doing a multitude of tasks that bring comfort, convenience, safety and beauty to Krislund.
- One group, our beloved “Thursday Volunteers”, have been coming to Krislund every Thursday for years. They have been instrumental in building our Fellowship Lodge and other construction projects, creating meeting spaces, taking care of flower gardens, completing office tasks and many others.
- Individuals and Groups come for a day, a weekend or longer. They undertake specific tasks such as building paths, planting trees, fixing roads, spring cleanup, or conservation activities. These groups have included:
- Service Groups and ROTC units from Penn State University and Lock Haven University
- Church groups
- Rock the Camp
- Spring and Fall Work Day volunteers
- Staff Alumni
- Hunting Camp groups
As the year-round program develops in scope and complexity, the need for additional volunteers will certainly increase. We invite you to join us in this ministry by calling Tammy or Barry in the camp office at 814-422-8878, emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by clicking on the button below.